I thought I’d share some of my favorite apps for the iPhone.
I have 159 apps on my iPhone 4s.
I’m guessing that’s a lot by most people’s standards.
Since most of what I like to do is photography, I’ll start with my favorite photo apps:
Most of what I post goes through Instagram then on to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, or email.
Most of the time I take photos with the standard iPhone photo app then run the photo through one of the above apps or one of these:
• Snapseed [free] (77.2MB) (the ultimate editing app)
• PhotoStudio [free] (39.1MB)
(lots of cool effects – try the symmetry effects – example 1, example 2, example 3)
Squaready [free] (47.9MB)
For formatting, I like Squaready. I use this quite a bit for formatting photos before posting them on Instagram.
I kept seeing 16×9 photos in my Instagram feed and couldn’t figure out how people were doing it.
That’s when someone mentioned Squaready.
There are presets for 1:1, 2:3, 3:2, 3:4, and 4:3.
You’re not limited to the presets.
PicStitch [free] (50MB)
For combining photos into one “frame” (for Instagram), I’ve been using Pic Stitch.
I have the free version but there is a “Pro” version.
I like it, but get irritated when I export a finished photo this pops up:
There are 74 frames that come with it. (additional ones are available through in-app purchasing)
The app features include:
• Enhance (Hi-Def – sharpens, Illuminate – contrast, and Color Fix – white balance correction — all are presets that can’t be adjusted)
• Effects (Instagram type filters)
• Frames (square borders – 12 are included, others via in-app purchase)
• Stickers (hats, glasses, thought bubbles – 25 are included, others via in-app purchase)
• Focus (circular and rectangular center focus effect)
• Orientation (manual rotate, rotate 180-degrees, flip/flop)
• Crop (custom, original, square, 3:4, 4:6, 5:7, 8:10)
• Photo adjustments with individual slider adjustments (brightness, contrast, saturation, & sharpness)
• Draw (with a brush)
• Text (change colors and placement – no font change)
• Fix Redeye (with a brush)
• Whiten (with a brush)
• Blemish Fixing (with a brush)
• Create a Meme (with 2 lines of font)
When you’re done, you can export to:
• Photo Album
• Open in another program (Dropbox, Squaready, Skydrive, Shutterfly, Google Drive, etc.)
• Print to Walgreens
Other apps I have in my bag ‘o goodies include:
Got a favorite app? Leave me a comment below. I’m always looking for new stuff!